Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Speak Life....


I was listening to the radio on the way home.

First, can I say I love Christian radio.  There are so many options now too. I can remember when you could only get 1 ... & it was static sounding... & forget trying to get it in if you were in the Downtown area where buildings were everywhere.

Now, its different... love having the options to flip through a few & hear nothing but God blessing music.

They were talking on there about the power of the mouth & of the tongue... words... how much they can heal, do damage, build up, break down...

Someone called in & said something I sort of not given much thought too.

She said, we are made in the image of God, & look at the power of God's words.  He created the world with them.  "And God said, "Let there be light"... "And God said, "Let there be expanse between water..."... over & over again, we see "And God said..."



The power of words...

We see all over the life of Jesus the power of words again.

Telling someone to stand up & walk to a person who had no use of their legs.
To tell someone to walk out from a grave who has been dead for a few days.
Yeah, those are powerful words...

& it is true.  We were created in God's image.

I forget the power of my words.

The effect they have on others, but mostly,, the effect they have on me.

Life has been tough lately.  & I seem to wake up & say, "What's today going to throw at me?"... & I get to work & say, "How miserable is today going to be?"... & I get home & work out & think, "Why am I bothering? This weight won't go away"...

Words... that are negative... spoken into my life...


I woke up this morning remembering what I heard on the radio yesterday.
They inspired me to go home & open my Bible & look up verses on words & the power of the tongue.

God had a lot to say about that...

& I'm going to start speaking life into my own days.

Being positive.
Expecting more.
Waiting for God to show up in every situation of my day.

We can be tough on ourselves... on others...
I challenge everyone today to speak positive things into your day... Speak life into yourself... & others





8 comments:

  1. Truth.

    Of course, when I saw your title, Toby Mac's song is the first thing that came to my mind.

    We don't have a lot of choices here for Christian radio, but there are a lot more than there used to be, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent sentiments and so true about the power of our words, especially positive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great reminder! Don't you love when God finds a way to "tell" you just what you need to hear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post lady! And I agree, Christian radio (Christian music in general, I think) is so much better than it used to be. With so many more options! I'll be praying that God blesses you with positive thoughts and a happy heart! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Sunday the message at church included the statement "Don't just read the Bible...study and meditate on it". I think by doing just that it reminds you of God's word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think words can be so powerful - I mean just look at some of the best quotes out there - they have the power to uplift you from your worst day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEEDED to hear this today. I've really been struggling with work, especially since returning from Rwanda, so I've been making an effort to spend my time getting ready in the morning praying for peace and not to be as miserable but without encouraging myself throughout the day, it's easy to forget the prayers I prayed a few short hours ago! God is teaching me something, even in my misery, so I will not let the Devil get me down! Thank you for sharing the importance of words!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me