Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Humpday confessions: Hospitals


Today I am in the hospital with my dad as he gets his second hip replacement surgery...

so in his honor, I'll do some confessions about HOSPITALS

I confess...

... the smell of hospitals make me sick

... I'm a germaphobe so I am constantly covering my mouth & using hand sanitizer like its an addiction

... hand sanitizer IS an addiction for me


... I used to be a candy stripper when I was young.  I was excited to buy the candy stripper uniform, but I ended up working in Outpatient Surgery & I had to wear scrubs.  So much for that uniform.

.... I felt like I was somebody in scrubs.

... I want to wear scrubs to work & not have to worry about clothes every day.  I wonder if my office would mind if I did that.

... I had to learn to make coffee for the Outpatient Surgery waiting room.  I'm sorry to anyone that had to wait in that room & drank that coffee.


... I was awful at steering wheelchairs or people in beds... I mean AWFUL

...as much as a germaphobe as I am, blood doesn't bother me.

... the sound of someone getting sick?  That bothers me.  #gagging


... The hospital I was born in, I think has changed its name like 5 times.

... My husband & I were born in the same hospital.  #cute

... Cafeteria food has come a long way, but still grosses me out.

... the hospital my dad gets his body parts replaced at, they wont sell anything but diet soft drinks to cute down on sugar.  Hello?  Don't you know the dangers of artificial sweeteners?  Do I need to inform the doctors & nurses of this?

 

... I can't stand to see a doctor or nurse outside of the hospital smoking.  Hello health officials - that's bad for you.

... I don't understand how they put 2 people in 1 room.  You're sick enough to be in a hospital & you want strangers next to you? 

... I can't ever imagine being a nurse.  I give props to anyone who does that job.

How I would react if anyone asked me to be a nurse


... I think it would be a cool job to work in Obstetrician ... new babies have to make a job much better.

... ER reality shows intrigue me. You have to see every single thing in a ER... that's probably not a good thing.

... I used to work in a pharmacy in a hospital. I hated it. It was underground of the hospital. I honestly felt like I was in a cave of smothering.

What do you think about Hospitals? 
 
Have you ever volunteered in a hospital?
 
Wish my dad luck for his NEW HIP he's receiving today!!!




9 comments:

  1. I was a candy striper. Do they still exist? Hope all goes well for your dad today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Kathy's link up! I hate the smell of hospitals so much, it instantly makes my anxiety level go from 1 to 100.

    Hope your Dad's surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hospitals are not my favorite and I sure feel like I've been there a lot lately. Praying for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only ever been in the hospital once, to have my gallbladder removed and I, fortunately, didn't have to share a room with anyone. Unfortuately, my surgery kept getting pushed back because I was admitted on July 2nd and they wanted to wait till the inflamation went down before doing the procedure, which meant I couldn't eat for 24 hours, then fasting for the surgery that was supposed to be on the 4th, except that's a holiday, so it took TEARS for me to finally get to eat, and then I had to fast again on the 5th. I was so hangry I wanted to cut a bitch.

    TL;DR: I was in the hospital and they wouldn't let me eat, hangar ensued. Hopsitals suck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i find it SO WEIRD when i see doctors/nurses smoking. um, ISN'T YOUR ENTIRE TRAINING AGAINST THAT SORT OF THING??

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be a candy striper too! I had the little outfit and everything. (I dind't wear the hat though) I did it a few years over the summer in high school. It made me have 0 desire to go into the medical field.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I logged on to tell you I am glad your dad is doing well! Yay!

    I was captivated by the loom, and I'm going to look for more info. Here? (I have had zero time to read blogs for a long time now...)

    But sister, you were a stripper? I had no idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being in the hospital recently I can relate to this post, although I never worked in a hospital. My husband and I were born in the same hospital too six weeks apart! Praying all went well with your dads surgery.

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me