Wednesday, April 02, 2014

A day without a cell phone....

I forgot my cell phone the other day coming to work.  I already told you how much I felt like I was lost that day.  Scared to death to drive out at work.  Afraid a gang of ninja's was going to attack me & I had nothing to call someone to come to my rescue... or video of me kicking their butts... whichever mood I was in...  Catch me on a bad day & it's possible.

But Sunday, Ricky & I pulled out of the drive way & got to the end of our road & I remembered... NOOOO!!!! I forgot my phone again!


You think, "Its just the end of your road, go back"... no.  Our road isn't just a little road. Its 2 miles of hills ... & for the most part, whenever Ricky & I are going down the road, we're usually late anyways.  So needless to say, I ventured out on another day & forgot my phone... again....

I swear, I'm going senile...

I don't know how many times during the day I said, "I need my phone"... Here were some of the things I missed with my cell phone nicely tucked on a charger next to my bed.

* Missed a picture with my Instagram buddy!
I have a friend who used to go to my church & this Sunday we visited her church... & she was singing on stage!! So I missed taking her picture as a SUPER STAR, plus, she's on Instagram & she always talks about how much I post on there so it would have been the perfect moment to take a picture of the two of us together!!!  Moment missed.
We did take advantage of talking all about health eating & nutrition... this lady is on top of her game.. in every area of her life!

* Missed a picture of Ricky with an embarrassing bag!!!
We ran over to the mall & he went into Hollister.  He came out with some jeans & a shirt & they put all his new fashions in a bag... with a nearly naked man... on both sides of the bag.  He refused to carry it.  I just laughed & told him he better be lucky I forgot my phone, because that picture would have been up everywhere...
Ricky gets slightly embarrassed over the smallest things.  I would have taken a picture of me acting like I was flirting with the guy... we're so different.

Ricky's bag cut off about the belly button
... making it look like he had on no pants! haha!


* Missed a picture of amazing trained dogs!!!
We had to go to Pet Smart to pick up Bruno from being groomed & they had a training class going on.  The most beautiful dogs - all lined up in a row, laying down, minding so well... it would have been a picture that would make me smile. I love dogs.  I also could have gotten a picture of their reaction when I said, "Watch out - we'll be bringing our little hellion through here messing you all up in a minute" ... which embarrassed Ricky that I said that in front of a dozen strangers.
(For the record, Ricky carried Bruno out the other side so he couldn't disturb these good dogs... )

* I couldn't figure up math!!!
I'm sorry - I know I do accounting Monday - Friday but I'm awful with math in my head.  Please make note of the comment about me going senile.  But I rely so much on my calculator on my phone.  Sunday, I was in a panic... 4+4 is WHAT???!?!?! Help me!!!


* I didn't have my shopping list for Target!!!
Yes - I keep a list of things I need to remember to pick up at Target every week... & then still usually forget it & have to go back to Target the next week. 

* I didn't have my Target Cartwheel app!!!
Why do I feel so screwed over when I don't get my 5% off dog bones????

* Have to stick together!!!
Ricky & I tend to get into Target & see each other at the door & then kiss each other buy & we're off.  He has his clearance tag route, I have my route - which usually winds through the fitness clothes, house ware goodies & make up & hair stuff... where Ricky could care less to go.  But with phones, its easy to find each other or tell each other to "come here -you have to see this"... with no phone, we had to stick together.  What torture!  I had to get stuck looking at Bluetooth wireless speakers... Ricky had to get stuck with me trying on reading glasses.  This is marriage before cell phones?


* Starbucks app!
I about panicked when I wanted to stop at Starbucks & I didn't have my phone. What do I do?  WHAT DO I DO??????  I totally forgot I had my actual gold card IN my wallet.  Real cards still exist?  I'm used to just scanning my phone.  & its like I forgot Starbucks takes actual cash if need be.


* My Fitness Pal
We stopped for Panera at breakfast (mmm... steel cut oats with pecans?... the best!) & then we had stopped for lunch.  & all this time, I was panicking wondering what my calories were for the day. And how am I going to track my water I drink for the day?!?!!?

Waffles have no calories when you don't have an app to tell you otherwise

* Picture of Starbucks & Panera food & drink
... because why not... is the cool thing to do...



* My Notepad
I'm going senile... did I mention that?  Anyways, I have an app that takes notes... & mercy, I use that more then I care to admit.  I think of things I want to talk about on my blog, or something I need to do later at home & usually, I'll forget 10 minutes later.  So I pull out my notepad app & type it in & VIOLA - memory maker!  I kept thinking, "don't think of any ideas" because I knew it wouldn't matter anyways.

In the end, we got home about 4:00 & I ran into my room, took my phone off the charger & hugged it...


I never want to go through another day of missed opportunities again....



10 comments:

MakeMeUpMia said...

Oh girl I forgot my phone at home a couple of weeks ago, it was so odd! I kept reaching for it. It was then I realized I had a problem ;)

Meg Doherty said...

#firstworldproblems but girl, you are so right!! I get so sad when I forget my phone and can't take photos and don't have your list, so I know your pain!!

Aimee W said...

This made me laugh SO hard! I hate it, but I literally feel panicky when I forget my phone. For all of these reason!

Cathy said...

I've had my smart phone less and 2 months and already I can't imagine my life without it. haha

Love your stories.

Kristal {The Strong Family} said...

Haha I am way too addicted to my phone! But boy, I'm under using my phone based on everything you do with yours!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

My phone used to sleep in the bed with me. I can't go anywhere without it, because I might miss something important. No, seriously.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Haha this was too funny and too true!! I can't go anywhere without my phone I would be lost. And I mean that seriously lost, I still don't know my way around Chicago 4 years later ha!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So true!! And I had to laugh at your comment about although you do accounting M-F but cannot do simple math. I was an accountant for 30+ years and even though I've been retired for 5 1/2 years, I still cannot do simple math ... people don't understand that even though you work with numbers and use math, you have machines that will do the math for you. ;-)

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Math is E-V-I-L!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is really something how attached we have become to our phones. I left mine at home once and I was a wreck the whole time....OMG what if someone needed me!!!!