Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What do you want?

I'm a weird person...

there... I admitted it for all of those of you that have always known that...

But I'm horrible in making decisions.

Always have been that way my whole life.

I think my problem is, I've always - I mean ALWAYS - have been the person who sees both sides of every situation.  I should have been on the debate team because I could argue both sides.... but then I'd probably agree with the other person's argument.  Maybe the debate team isn't for me.

What do I wear for the day? ... well, it may be hot... but then my office may be cold
Where do I want to eat for dinner?... well, I want this, but what sounds best to you
Do I want to make this purchase?  ... it'd be nice to have, but what if it goes on sale later... can we use the money on something else that would be a better purchase?

I over think...

television (5864) Animated Gif on Giphy
This is about how I am after ever decision is made ... usually by someone else :)

The point is, don't ever ask me a question...

As I've mentioned, I'm reading through the book of John lately in my own devotion time.  I don't think anything in the Bible is circumstance or by accident... & I happened to notice the first words in John that are in red... you know, the red letters that show that Jesus is speaking.  (I always love just reading the red text.... feel like I can hear Jesus' voice)

The first words Jesus says in the chapter

"What do you want?" - John 1:38

He's actually saying it to John the Baptist disciples... which also intrigued me that John the Baptist had followers called 'disciples'... (another thought for another day?)...

... but they were following Jesus after John the Baptist pointed out to them that there was the Lamb of God.. .right there in front of you... standing right where you could touch him!  Can you even imagine?... so of course they followed him.  I would too John's buddies....

& Jesus turns around & says those words to them...

What do you want?

Almost like a "why are you following me?" kind of tone... there must be a reason you are changing your plans & getting in my footsteps...

They ended up spending the day with Jesus...

can you imagine the conversations they had throughout the day?
The things they talked about?... The questions asked... the answers given...

All because Jesus asked them what they wanted....

I think it says something about Jesus in this chapter that those are the first words noted from Him.  What we want must be important to Him.....

It makes me want to look again at my decision making in my life...
& I see I may be indecisive in some things... but when it comes to Jesus, I KNOW what I want....

If Jesus were in front of me & he turned & said those words to me, there would be no question - no second guessing - no seeing 'both sides'...

Jesus, I want to be forgiven
Jesus, I want your touch
Jesus, I want your healing
Jesus, I want your grace
Jesus, I want your love
Jesus, I want to follow you
Jesus, I want to spend eternity with you in Heaven

BAM... I could go on & on & on....

Not even a blink of an eye... what I want from Jesus is clear in my heart...

I just want HIM

When it comes to Jesus, do you know what you want?


1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE this post! I'm the most indecisive person in the world... when I don't really care about the decision being made. But the things that truly matter? What a perfect reminder to know EXACTLY what we want!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me