Friday, August 30, 2013

WOF Angie Smith... with extra bonuses

Before I start - can y'all say a little prayer for Buffy & decisions we know we're going to have to make this weekend?  She's not eating anything now.  Its been over 36 hours... Ricky keeps taking PB & shoving it in her mouth & she's forced to swallow it because it sticks, or she'd spit it out.  I even fried up hamburger in my house last night (the first time hamburger has been in my house in over a year)... & she literally sniffed it, then laid her head next to the plate.

The bad thing that kills me - she still seems happy - still wants to play.  Say the word "Ball" or "Outside" & she's johny on the spot - ready to go go go...  plays plays plays... that tail wags, she catches every throw you give her - she doesn't want to stop - would stay outside all day long. If she were laying around & acting sick, then it would make the decision easier....

We're just sick over this... so please pray for us all....

________________

OK to finish up the WOF week... I'll be back to Friday Fragments next week - promise. I know y'all are all wondering what my Miley/VMA thoughts are... I'll just stick with talks on worshiping God instead today...

So - we left off at Lisa Harper... we headed out to lunch & first of all, it was almost comical.  I'm a vegetarian & we headed to this mall down the road that has a great food court - lots of options.  The funny part?  There were so many people giving out samples of food so you would go to their area.  Every piece of it was meat.  I was laughing because it was like these 'meat-servers' were surrounding me with their tooth picks in my face at every turn.  I told Chasity the next person that offered me another piece of chicken on a tooth pick, I was going to slap down their tray & scream & run.... subtle...

We got back to the arena as Third Day did their concert... awesome... I think the lead singer, Mac Powell, looks like Jesus with his long hair.  Its gonna be cool if I get to heaven & Jesus is walking around with a Southern twang & a guitar around his neck ....


Then my favorite red head of the event came out... Angie Smith...

& let me start off by admitting - I ADORE Angie Smith... I stalk her like I do Steven Curtis Chapman.  Read her blog, follow her on Instagram, Twitter, read all her books... you know - the normal stalking of today.

She's just the cutest little thing to me... with the most adorable family... & red hair to top off the cute package.



Angie spoke on DOUBT ...

Here's the notes from this final session:

* Are you trying to look more like God's people or more like God?
...ouch...

* Are you chasing God or following God?

* 2 kinds of Doubters
1. Ones who only want to hear their own voice (a cynic)
2. Ones who want to hear HIS voice over their own

* You're not alone in doubt
She asked for everyone to raise their hands if they've ever doubted that everything God said is true.... when over half of the arena raised their hand, we knew we weren't alone... & we had a lesson to learn from Doubting Thomas.

*If/Then
We're so good at the 'if/then' relationship with God. 
IF you help me with then, THEN I'll follow you. 
IF you do this for me, THEN I'll listen to you.

* Disciples together.... except...
In John 20:19-21 it says "When the disciples were together" Jesus appeared to them.  But one wasn't there.  Thomas.  Think Jesus knew he wasn't going to be there?  Think Jesus had a bigger lesson in store for him?  (I love that point - never thought about that before)

* Requirements...
Thomas comes in & the disciples tell him what happened.  Jesus was RIGHT HERE.  Thomas didn't believe it.  Even had requirements before he would accept it. 
"Unless I see the nail marks in his hands & put my finger where the nails were, & put my hand into his side, I WILL NOT BELIEVE IT" - John 20:25
Do we have requirements before we'll believe?

* Thomas wasn't always a doubter...
Looking back at other scripture (John 11:14-16) (John 14:5) we see Thomas was a person who spoke up for Jesus, wanted to follow Him... no trace of doubting when Jesus was beside him.

*Jesus let Thomas HAVE the requirements...
We see in John 20:27 that Jesus let Thomas HAVE his requirements... he knew the heart of Thomas.  Knew he needed the assurance, not because he didn't believe - but because he had doubt. 

* Jesus KNEW the requirements!
Thomas told these requirements to his friends, the disciples.  But Jesus in Vs. 20 says to Thomas to do exactly what he said he needed...
"Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here;  see my hands.  Reach out your hand & put it into my side.  Stop doubting & believe"

* Thomas knew...
It doesn't say that Thomas moved - that he did the things he said he needed.  It simply says that next,
"Thomas said to him, "My Lord & my God" John 20:28
All was needed...doubt was no longer an issue

*DOUBT IS AN EMOTION... FAITH IS A CHOICE!!!!

BE ASSURED!!!!!!!

Angie finished with a precious story of her daughter & a chocolate chip cookie ... just to prove that her kiddos are as adorable as she is...

What a perfect ending to all the messages...

& we actually had the last session as nothing but a WORSHIP session - with clips from "The Bible" & singing in between... I loved that ending.  Everyone all together lifting up their hearts...

Such an amazing weekend.

Two other final thoughts.  When Mark Lowry had his time on Friday, he spoke, did his comedy, sang some songs... but it is funny that this guy who is so well known for his comedy wrote one of the most amazing songs of our time.  Mary did you Know.... he was talking about all the questions that we will have for Mary when we're in Heaven.  My favorite thing he said though that made me laugh - "You knew you had God on earth... couldn't you have kept some sort of journal!!!" haha!  We really don't know much about Jesus as a child...

But he said, "My momma always said that the biggest proof that Jesus is who he said he was is because of the silence of Mary at the cross"
wow...
powerful...
He said, "My momma said, "if that was you, I would be up there crying, yelling at someone saying, We know he's crazy for everything he's said, but don't kill him"... but Mary let him die because she knew he had to, to show who he was"
WOW...
POWERFUL!!!!

& finally...

I wanted to share one of the songs that CeCe Winans sang that just was amazing.. chills..





& yes, if you ever get a chance, check out a Women of Faith event.
I'm not getting any compensation or this isn't affiliated with them at all - this is just my latest experience & what I learned from it...
... the way it blessed me...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heart just breaks for you all with the decision you're facing. Been there done that - twice in a six month period. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. Defi Italy praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,
    I have had to make this painful choice so I know your pain. I hold you up in prayer for strength. Hugs to you all.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. We thought we were there last month so your request brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad Buffy has such loving parents and other furry buddies to be there for her at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog but am so going to be following you now! I blog too at http://yakadoo27.wordpress.com
    I served this year at WOF for the first time and I am sooo stinking grateful that you posted your notes because that refreshed my memory! Be the SUNshine!
    Serving Jesus,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me