Wednesday... just a tad depressed because this time last week, I was getting ready for a long weekend. Today? Knowing I have 2 more days of work... BOO!!!
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
I have to laugh, but my coworker asks me all the time advice on healthy eating & natural remedies. Everyone know how "Anti-medicine" I am & she's had some health issues. So just yesterday, she was like "What does Apple Cider Vinegar do for you?"... Oh, that just makes me happy to open people's eyes. She's never had green tea either, so I went in my office, pulled out a cup, gave her a green tea with mango tea bag & introduced her to it... I felt like Dr. Weil... minus the white beard & bald head.
I also get lots of questions on running, photography & knitting... things that I love to do, I love to talk about
2. What's something you might ask people for help with?
How to do crafty things... while I can knit, I'm not really 'crafty', so when someone makes something, I'm all like "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" ... & then sit with my jaw dropped
I also always ask Ricky about measurements. I'm horrible at how many pints are in a gallon & that sort of thing. I don't remember that being covered in school at all..... or else I was asleep.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations for your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
I don't remember summer vacations that much. I do remember spending all summer at my aunt's pool with my grandmother, & playing board games all day long with my mom... which is cool enough.
But I remember our family vacations being in the fall to Gatlinburg mostly... & the funny thing? Ricky & I take our vacations in the Fall every year too. It's actually our anniversary week we normally take... but its my favorite time of the year to take a vacay... especially to Gatlinburg. Give me those fall trees in the mountains every year.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
Pool... 100% .... I've said it before - I'll say it again, I'm not a huge fan of living things swimming around me that I can't see...
& I'm sure they don't care for me stomping around in their home
5. Have you ever justified using the expression 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Sorry... all I can think about right now is that song from "10 Things I hate about you"... I love that soundtrack
Heath Ledger... still so sad...
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Any you'd add to the list?
I actually like lima beans, brussel sprouts - & I LIVE on & LOVE mushrooms...
I could do without gelatin though... things shouldn't jiggle ever... I tell that to my thighs every day too
I wont even get started again on my loathing of the C-word... (cereal for those who don't know me.. & yes, I just gagged typing out the word)
A friend on Instagram had a picture of that STUFF on her pictures... I thought I was going to pass out from nausea...
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
One of the movies in my top five favorite movies... The Lake House...
Not really "Beach" ... but its got the word "Lake" in it...
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My Bicep Tendonitis has flared up again...
You cant imagine how painful this stupid thing is...
Just realize how much your use & move your arm every day... now think about every time you use it, someone is putting hot prods in the area right above your arm pit all down through the front of your bicep area..
good times, right?
Praying for it to ease up again. My only option for this is to have them CUT the bicep tendon... which is a whole new set of issues.
It does tend to ease up after awhile.. so just praying for that time to hurry back up.
It's always something, ain't it? Getting old ain't for wimps!