Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Quinoa Patties

I'm not sure when/if this will post - I've had computer problems all morning - but we'll keep trying.

So - this weekend, I ventured into my own trying of making a veggie burger.  There's so many to make.
I do like the black bean burgers I've made in the past, & I want to try the chickpea burger, but I was happy when my eMeals plan had a Quinoa Patty recipe.

For the record, I love my eMeals plans... I may have talked about them before.  I registered for the Vegetarian plan & they've even incorporated Vegan in there.  This past week had actually 4 Vegan dinners out of 7.  Love that.

But it was so delish... & so easy, I had to share this one.

Here's the ingredients:

1 c quinoa (uncoooked)
5 eggs
1 t salt
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup firmly chopped kale (firmly packed)
4 cloves garlic, minced .... (I actually omitted this & it was fine without)
1 c bread crumbs
1 t baking powder
1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese .... ( I used cheddar & it was just fine)

...option - Sprinkling of cayenne
...option - Pesto, horseradish sauce, or marinara sauce.... (we used different, I'll explain in the recipe)

So I started out making the quinoa.
I'm learning it takes a good 20 minutes to make it decent & just right.
So got it cooking & let it set to cool.  While that was all going on, we went onto chopping the kale & onions


Ricky was good at chopping the onions for me

Beat the eggs in a big bowl.  Once they are beat together, throw in all of the quinoa & add in the salt.
Mix it all together.

Toss in the onions & kale & garlic (if you use it)
Mix it all together

Then throw in the breadcrumbs & the baking powder & stir.
Fold in the cheese if you use it.



Let it stand for a few minutes to absorb the liquid.

This can form 12 1" thick patties.  I made mine pretty large & still got 8 patties out of it

Place on a greased cookie sheet. .... this baby is STICKYYYYYY!!!!!! But it forms patties pretty well



Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees  - turn & bake an additional 5 minutes.
They browned perfectly on both sides this way.



Then you can serve it with any sauce you like.
They recommend the above - but we tried out a few different ones.
We preferred mustard or BBQ sauce on it... Ricky did like the hot sauce on it, but I dont go for hot sauce.
For me, I'm always good with a natural ketchup too.

I will say, they aren't filling like a hamburger, so you'll probably want to have at least two for yourself.

(Dont judge... I like a lot of pepper on my sweet potato)


But if you have extra, mine stored great & I took some to work the next day.  Warmed up quick (if you warm up too much, they get hard - so dont over heat)

Enjoy!

Let me know if you try them... & if you have any other easy veggie burger ideas.


6 comments:

  1. wow, those actually look really good! I wonder if I could get my meat eating man to try them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These actually look REALLY delish!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how delicious those look! I bet they're packed with nutrients! Oh...and for the record...I love a ton of pepper on my taters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look good, but what is quinoa? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful, I wonder if my kids will eat it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to give this a try! Any idea of the nutrition info? I wonder how many WW points these are. Hmmmm! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me