Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hodgepodge

Wednesday... time to Hodgepodge


1. When were you last facing an ocean? In ONE word describe how you felt when you faced that ocean.

I guess the last time was when we were in Texas - Galveston to be exact.  I think that was about 2 years ago?  I'm not a big fan of the ocean.

So my word for describing how it made me feel?  Dirty .... I hate sand... I hate the water knowing there's creatures in there & fish poop is surrounding me.  A surfer, I shall never be



2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?

 1. Nails on a chalk board...  I get chills just thinking about it
 2. That stupid Sarah McClaughlan commercial with the pitiful animals... as soon as I hear the song, I try to get to the remote faster then light.
 3. My alarm going off when I'm tired .... so about every day


3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for clothes do you try everything on in the store or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?

Depends on the mood, the weather.... & what I'm wearing

If I'm out shopping with no plans of trying on clothes & I have on clothes that are a hassle to take off, then I'll just eye it & take it home & if I don't like it, take it back.  I'm a pretty good judge of character of what will work for me.  Shoes are the big thing too - if I have shoes that have to lace, then forget it, I'm totally not trying on clothes.  If I have on warm clothes, forget it - I get hot trying on clothes.

Summer time, you'll find me in the dressing room - flip flops, shorts & t shirts - the easiest trying on clothes wardrobe


4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?

I love those little nuts.  I could sit & pop open a whole bag of those shelled goodies.

I've never even thought of using them in cooking or baking.  I need to look up some recipes now.



5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach a compromise or slightly irritated it came to that?

Don't you have to compromise with someone every day?
If you work, are married, have kids - you are constantly compromising.  Otherwise, everyone would be getting exactly what they wanted & doing exactly what they wanted to do.

I think the only person who doesn't compromise is Kim Kardashian... she's lucky like that



6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?

I guess that first, I would have to even KNOW who my elected officials are.


7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of the week...what is something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?

Around here - the Triple Crown of racing begins.  3 races back to back - every other weekend.  Its an exciting time... energy gets all built up & it keeps you in check for the big finish, the Kentucky Derby Mini Marathon (or full Marathon if you're really crazy)

I'm still saying its going to put a smile on my face, even though my back is still hurting so badly... & truthfully, I know I shouldn't be running.  But I'm going to do these races.  Even if I have to walk them, I'm doing them.

A friend of mine said, "even if you have to walk or crawl, you're still getting the same medal the person who came in first gets"... that made me smile :)

I ain't gonna lie - its gonna hurt my ego to be so slow this year - but at least I'm going to do them.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

So something has happened to my computer at work & Facebook, Netflix & Hulu is all jacked up...

I'm one bummed girl

I would catch up on shows during lunch (I'm one freaking episode away from the end of Season 1 of Pretyt Little Liars!!!... ugh!!!) & always check up on Facebook throughout the day
... now?  I feel like my best friend has been taken away from me.

I literally just laid on the floor & took a nap in my office for lunch yesterday.


7 comments:

  1. Ha-your answer to #5 made me smile : )

    I don't know where you worked, but maybe they've blocked those sites. Lots of companies have are doing that now.

    Good luck with your races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about that song. I'm reaching for the remote right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on that Sarah McClaughlan commercial. ugh! And you explained exactly why I bring my clothes home to try on. I refuse to look like I've been run through the wringer when I walk out of the dressing room. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing when that commercial comes on the TV...I run for the hills! No matter how the race turns out, you're a true champion REGARDLESS! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answer to #1 is the reason I prefer the ocean to still bodies of water ;)
    Hope your back is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dirty....oh no, sorry about that. I don't care much for sand either but the ocean is amazing. We often buy the bag of pistachios at Costco. LOL...I don't know my officals either. Sorry about the computer at lunch and have fun at the races!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree - that commercial has got to stop!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me