Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hodgepodge


 

Hodgepodge Day

1. When were you last on a 'mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense of the word. 

Literally.... I haven't been to Gatlinburg in a few years & I'm aching to get back to the mountains.... & the outlet malls & mini golf

Figuratively... the Ky Derby Mini Marathon when I beat my time.  I thought I could fly that day... & then go shopping at outlet malls & go play mini golf.


2.  Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?

Budget?  What's that?

I try to do the budget thing, but I only make it a day or two.  I try to lay out budgets but then of course, I need more groceries that month, or I'm out of cleaning stuff & then the household expense is up... & forget the pet expense when its time to get groomed on top of all the dog food.

I tried the Dave Ramsey thing with the 'paying with cash only'... that didn't even last a half day.  I'm a debit-card gal - no cash ever in my pocket.

My biggest advice though?  If you're going to have credit cards - make it where the full amount is automatically deducted from your checking account.  No late payments - no wanting to pay only the minimum payment - it keeps you aware of how much you put on your credit card knowing its going to come out in less then 30 days.

Credit Cards are straight from the devil!!!!!!


3.  Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie-cherry cola-black forest cake-or a scoop of Ben and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.

I love cherries...cherry pie is da bomb diggity....

& my sweetheart is always so good to me - on desserts that come with a cherry - he always gives it to me.
Its the simple things in life

& now, I have the corny 80's song from Warrant in my head "Cherry Pie"'
...maybe not everything 'cherry' is all that great :)....



4.  Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?

I don't talk politics mainly because I don't understand it & I sound like a 2 yr old being interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel.
The three branches of government are the Nina, Pinta & Santa Maria... right?

Anyhooooo.... I'm not one who steers away from talks of religion.  I'm always interested in hearing other's thoughts & views... & learn... or teach about Jesus - however the road leads.

I think I get that from my parents who would love when Jehovah Witnesses would knock on the door & my parents would be like, "come on in - WE need to talk" :)


5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?

Depends.... I usually drive when I try to stay away from barfing.  Call me the Car-Sickness Queen.  & I want a tiara & sash for that too.

But if its a straight highway ride, I'm usually good in the passenger side - but have to be up front or the Green Queen will take over... again, I want a tiara & sash.

Our last couple of road trips are to Nashville now that the grand babies are there... a perfect excuse to get all queasy...


6.  If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?

That's funny because I actually looked in my closet this morning & was looking at the colors...

its basically 4 colors - black, grey, green & corrals... with some blue... so make that 5

If I had to pick the MOST prevalent?  Then it's probably Black....
Its slimming - right?


7.  Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?

Betty White

...because she's awesome....
& everyone loves her
& she got to work with Ryan Reynolds



8.   Insert your own random thought here

So today, my dad is having a hearth cath...

Probably happening right now.  My brother is with him today & its driving me a tad crazy wondering what's going on.

(On cue... I just got a text of a picture of him in his hospital gown from my brother)

Come to find out, he has been having chest pains & shortness of breath while coming back & forth to the barn & the house.

So we'll see what that's all about today...

if you have a few seconds, can you give a shout out to God for my dad's ticker?
Appreciated :)


14 comments:

  1. My grandma liked to invite the door-knockers in too : ) I will say a prayer for your dad this morning. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shout out for the ticker sent! And I love the last line of your reasoning for Betty White. If we could only all have that opportunity in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shout out for the ticker sent! And I love the last line of your reasoning for Betty White. If we could only all have that opportunity in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shout out for the ticker sent! And I love the last line of your reasoning for Betty White. If we could only all have that opportunity in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your dad.

    Gotta agree with you on credit cards ... though I confess that we have one. But, we have the full amount due deducted automatically from our checking account ... and it pays cash back ... we earned well over $300 in just a little over 10 months last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly bad 80's song there. Of course it will be stuck in my head all day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your Dad's heart procedure this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping your dad close in my thoughts and prayers. I can't stand cherries and I always give mine to Chris...aren't I sweet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will certainly say a prayer for your dad! Hope all goes well. :)

    And your answer for #4, especially the last part was great. Made me smile. A fabulous way to look at it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope that if they find anything with your dad, they'll be able to jump on it and get it taken care of.
    We NEVER have cash. Any time I do have, the boys seem to know and need money for something. Debit cards all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Betty White awesome or what? She'll probably go past 100. She's such a great person, i wish i knew her in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister is like your parents with the Jehovah Witness people.

    Betty White cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes credit cards are from the devil. Too bad we actually have to use them to buy certain things.
    Praying for your dad. My dad at 87 had a pace maker put in. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy your writing style!

    I have trouble riding in the backseat of a car without getting nauseous...but not the passenger seat up front.

    I love Nashville! I know you are going to see your "babies" but do you ever go to the honky tonks or to the Opry? Fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me