Wednesday... Hodgepodge Time
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I don't really celebrate Lent. I say a post on Facebook that said, "We Baptist celebrate Fat Tuesday as well - we call it Tuesday" - haha!
& for the record, I'm not Baptist anymore. (I just wanted to say that to make my parents groan)
I've actually been Baptist - Methodist - Christian - & awesome... just to throw that in
But back to the topic - not really - we go to a Christian church now so I just like saying "I'm a Christian" - it covers it no matter what church I go to.
Anyhoo... the question...
I have a feeling I'll be giving up sanity & adding weight to my body.
Its the way life seems to go for me
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday...tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
Shrove Tuesday... I've never heard of that in my life... the things you learn
I wish I would have known this yesterday.
I love a good pancake....
I'm a pretty basic pancake girl. Butter & minimal real maple syrup - or honey... I HATE when people slop on the syrup & the pancakes look like mush... gagging... no really, I'm gagging....
My dad used to make pancakes on weekend mornings & give them to me totally plain & call them his "Special bread" - I thought they were the most amazing food ever. I had no idea they were really dry pancakes. But now, that's the way I like to eat them... just folded up & eaten dry.
Memories of childhood always makes things more delicious
3. I'm sure there are many, but what is one love song you really love?
One song? Really... I have a whole play list on my iPod of nothing but love songs... geez...
But I was debating down to 2 songs... & they were both played at my wedding.
I'll go with the one we had our first dance too...
Dan Hill - "Never Thought (that I could love)" ....
& how stupid that it doesn't even have a real video, but only ones produced by people that have time on their hands. Apparently Dan Hill didn't have time on his hands....
FYI - If you actually watch the video, its quite funny because you see random pictures of the people who I assume the video is made for... the young asian girl is not me & the guy with the 70's hair do - that's not Ricky
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
I kick them in the shin
I actually punch them in the arm & poke them in the eye
I learned how to say I love you in kindergarten when my boyfriend was pulling my pigtails
5. Roses...red, pink, or some other color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I got flowers not too long ago at my office - a total surprise... a dozen roses. Always nice to receive.
& who doesnt love roses?
But I love a vase full of tulips... & a dozen pink peonies would totally be my favorite! They are so pretty & FULL & smell like what I image Heaven to smell like....
6. President's Day will be celebrated next Monday. Does Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President), to name just a few. Of those listed, which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I think I'm not a fan of Presidential trivia, but I do always listen to it when its on the news... but I also like trivia that involves anything about anything...
I actually follow trivia things on Twitter with the most random trivia you could imagine.
If I had a choice to visit any place thought - it would be anything that had all the dresses of the First Lady's
...yeah, I totally just went out on my own for that answer....
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
I'll never tell .... boooyah!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Confession: I watched Dance Mom's over the Presidential whatever that was on last night.....
God bless America!