Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hodgepodge


Wednesday... Hodgepodge Time


1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?

I don't really celebrate Lent.  I say a post on Facebook that said, "We Baptist celebrate Fat Tuesday as well - we call it Tuesday" - haha!
& for the record, I'm not Baptist anymore.  (I just wanted to say that to make my parents groan)
I've actually been Baptist - Methodist - Christian - & awesome... just to throw that in
But back to the topic - not really - we go to a Christian church now so I just like saying "I'm a Christian" - it covers it no matter what church I go to.

Anyhoo... the question...

I have a feeling I'll be giving up sanity & adding weight to my body.
Its the way life seems to go for me


2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday...tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?

Shrove Tuesday... I've never heard of that in my life... the things you learn

I wish I would have known this yesterday.
I love a good pancake....

I'm a pretty basic pancake girl.  Butter & minimal real maple syrup - or honey... I HATE when people slop on the syrup & the pancakes look like mush... gagging... no really, I'm gagging....

My dad used to make pancakes on weekend mornings & give them to me totally plain & call them his "Special bread" - I thought they were the most amazing food ever.  I had no idea they were really dry pancakes.  But now, that's the way I like to eat them... just folded up & eaten dry.

Memories of childhood always makes things more delicious


3. I'm sure there are many, but what is one love song you really love?

One song?  Really... I have a whole play list on my iPod of nothing but love songs... geez...

But I was debating down to 2 songs... & they were both played at my wedding.

I'll go with the one we had our first dance too...
Dan Hill - "Never Thought (that I could love)" ....

& how stupid that it doesn't even have a real video, but only ones produced by people that have time on their hands.  Apparently Dan Hill didn't have time on his hands....




FYI - If you actually watch the video, its quite funny because you see random pictures of the people who I assume the video is made for... the young asian girl is not me & the guy with the 70's hair do - that's not Ricky


4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?

I kick them in the shin

...kidding...

I actually punch them in the arm & poke them in the eye

I learned how to say I love you in kindergarten when my boyfriend was pulling my pigtails


5.  Roses...red, pink, or some other color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?

I got flowers not too long ago at my office - a total surprise... a dozen roses.  Always nice to receive.

& who doesnt love roses?

But I love a vase full of tulips... & a dozen pink peonies would totally be my favorite!  They are so pretty & FULL & smell like what I image Heaven to smell like....



6.  President's Day will be celebrated next Monday. Does Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President), to name just a few. Of those listed, which would you be most interested in touring? Why?

I think I'm not a fan of Presidential trivia, but I do always listen to it when its on the news... but I also like trivia that involves anything about anything...

I actually follow trivia things on Twitter with the most random trivia you could imagine.

If I had a choice to visit any place thought - it would be anything that had all the dresses of the First Lady's
...yeah, I totally just went out on my own for that answer....



7.  Are you good at keeping secrets?

I'll never tell .... boooyah!




8. Insert your own random thought here. 

Confession:  I watched Dance Mom's over the Presidential whatever that was on last night.....

God bless America!



14 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the President, either. We watched "Face Off" and then I crawled into bed, read a magazine and went to sleep. ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Chopped on Food Network plus something we had on the dvr about not prosecuting the banks who caused the fall 4 years ago. One extreme to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laughoutloud!! Out. Loud I tell ya.
    I watched the boys kickin it wii style, while I laid on the couch watching something about the Titanic on my iPad instead of the State of the Union address. Yeah, I'm cool like that :) Thank you Netflix for entertaining me while I'm recovering.

    Anywho..... :).

    I hope your day is bright and beautiful ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not the only one who didn't watch the President's address last night ;)
    I didn't recognize that song at first, but remembered it when it got to the chorus. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...I watched Dance Moms right along with you last night! I just couldn't make myself watch the State of the Union address...we all know what kind of state we're in...and it's not good! Your sense of humor always makes me SMILE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, we didn't watch the President either. I wonder how many actually did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up Baptist, too, and so Lent has never been something I celebrated. Shrove Tuesday is new to me also. But I do love me some pancakes.

    It would be fun to see an exhibit of all First Lady's Dresses. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have TV so we didn't watch the president either. To keep up with my grandson I went to bed at 8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are to funny! I guess I would hope to consider myself a "follower of Christ". I not always walk in His footsteps but strive to. I guess when we get to heaven we will all just be his children and family and not "labelled" b a denomination....Thank goodness...Flowers...love them all...I would prefer a rosebush that I could plant....lol.. Thanks for the cheery attitude...made me smile...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your answers made me smile today. I hope your mom has recovered : )

    We caught up on Downton Abbey. I told hubs I could not listen to the sad State of the Union. And that is kinda sad too, isn't it?

    It's fine to go out on your own...hey, that's partly why its called The Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't watch the president either. Watched a rerun of Castle and then watched Monday Morning on On Demand. Good show.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of Shrove Tuesday either. Love your answers. I think the dresses would be fun to see also. I did not watch last night either. You couldn't pay me to watch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late getting here.

    We attend a church that's part of the Christian Church/Church of Christ brotherhood ... trying to explain that confuses a lot of people who are more familiar with the basic denominations such as Baptist, Methodist, etc. ;-)

    I would love to receive just about any kind of fresh-cut flowers. DH isn't big on sending flowers.

    I watched the Westminster Kennel Dog Show over the President's speech Tuesday night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have I ever mentioned how much I love your answers every week? They always make me laugh! :)

    You are so very right, memories always make things more delicious. Which can lead to disappointment for me sometimes when I try something I haven't had in years. Ah well.

    And I didn't watch the President either. Doesn't he know blogging and internet time is important to me?! :D

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me