Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Hodgepodge

 


1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?

Snakes.... egads!

The last one I saw was one on our drive way.
Now I'm freaked out by snakes... have reoccurring nightmares about them actually.... I think I had a nightmare last night actually...
But I'm OK with a snake if I know its there.
My fear is coming up on it.
Running & BAM - there's a snake
Or walking the grass & BOOYAH - step on a snake
Pulling weeds & ZAP - a snake

They should wear alarms around their neck & I'd be perfectly fine with them.



2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?

Sure... though we always say "I believe in God, not luck".... but I also think I jinx myself... so if "jinx" is in the world, "luck" has to be too - right?

Let's just say I'm going to name my Guardian Angel "Luck" - that way I can say Luck is on my side! :)
OH YEAHHHHH!!!!



3.  sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?Which of the three have you done most recently?

My answer - d. None of the above
Try - "Sitting inside & waiting for Spring to arrive"



4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?

I'll need a few days to even comprehend that quote.... me's is stupid



5.  When was the last time you ate a cupcake?

I dont even remember!!!!  GASP!!.... that's tragic....
this is a problem that needs to have a remedy ASAP!!!



6. What is something you can't say no to?

A York Peppermint Patty... every time the Hubs picks them up & brings them home - I'll eat it.  Doesnt matter if I wanted it or not.

That minty goodness has a hold on me


7.  Are you a doodler?

Yes... I'm a constant doodler.
Sort of the same stuff over & over though - but yep... doodle, I do.

One of my students in youth always doodled (she's an artist) & the Youth Minister at the time always got so aggravated by it because he said she wasnt listening.  Though, she was the one who could answer any question about what you just said.
Come to find out - I read a study about how when you listen to something & doodle at the same time, you actually comprehend it better.
Who knew?


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Did anyone watch New Girl last night?.... I literally laughed till I had tears coming down my face.
Nick would do a "Panic Moonwalk" every time things got uncomfortable...
Here's one of them


But it was so funny because they kept showing awkward situations he was in & he'd do that same moonwalk.

I even said I'm not going to incorporate it in my life...
How awesome would it be to Panic Moonwalk out of an office in a meeting?  Or out of the kitchen in the middle of an argument with a spouse?
I think I just found my new favorite thing!


 

13 comments:

  1. That video is pretty funny...I may have to try that move myself being that I'm so awesome at moonwalking! ;) I definitely have a weakness for York Peppermint Patties, too. Love the dark chocolate and the cool, minty taste...YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. York Peppermint Patties are the best!I've loved them since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer to #1 - ha!

    And I have to agree with you on #3. I love snow (if we have to deal with the cold weather, can't we at least have some snow to make it worth our while?), but I love it best while I'm warm and toasty inside. ;-)

    Yeah, after reading all these Hodgepodges, I definitely need a cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted some Peppermint Patties yesterday but haven't had one in years. Now I'm thinking I have to buy one the next time I'm at the store! I didn't get to see New Girl last night since Smash had a two hour premiere. I will watch in OnDemand. Love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. York Peppermint Patties never stay longer than 5 minutes in our house. The whole family loves them. I make a Peppermint Patty brownie that are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sit inside and wait til spring - sounds good to me.

    Yummy Peppermint Patties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your attitude about snakes and snow. I am with you...inside and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like after eights patties and can eat a whole box so I stay away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. new girl is my favorite!! i haven't seen last nights episode yet. do you watch raising hope...i love tuesday night tv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answer to #2! Love it! :D I haven't watched much of New Girl but I have seen a few episodes and tons of clips on youtube. That was fabulous! You should totally start using it. Perhaps I ought to practice myself? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A snake was hidden in our rolled up water hose and when I moved it, he ran across my foot .....I almost hurt myself and I'm pretty sure he was just as scared.

    Love peppermint patties.....now I am thinking about having one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a Peppermint Patty. One is just right. More than one is too many.

    We've got big snow in the forecast for tomorrow. I fear spring is a long ways away in our part of the country. Have a nice weeknd!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you, the best way to enjoy the snow is from a nice warm snuggly place with a good picture window....

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me