Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hodgepodge


1.  In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49er's in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super?

No brainer... Les Miserables movie :)
Which I'd love to go see again while the Super bowl is playing... could care less about the game


2.  Share something you're a fan of these days?

My new iPod Nano ... the new 7th generation ones.
First of all - its pink
Second of all - its got the Nike app on it which has a pedometer & keeps track of the distance I go.  (It makes me want to get a Nike GPS watch)
Third - I love it has a radio on it
Fourth - its tiny... a lot smaller then the iPod Touch that I used before.  Lighter.
Yep - I'm a fan

Source: engadget.com via Jeanne on Pinterest




3.  How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I'm talking about the edible appetizer kind. What's your preferred seasoning-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings?

I've never eaten one in my life...
& now that I dont eat meat, I never will

There's something disturbing about them to me



4.  As long as we're talking sports today, have you been following the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks?

I've talked about this before here...
But I feel sorry for the guy.
Don't agree with what he did, but think he must have lived a tortured life to hold that kind of secret in, especially when people starting telling the truth.
I do think he's got an ego going & believes in himself a lot - but I think he's going to need that ego even more to get through this - to prove who he is.

I do think he did a lot for cancer research & started an organization that got HUGE & support in such a short time.  There are still struggling organizations that are out there that try to raise a smidgen of the money LIVESTRONG has... so on that side, you still have to give the guy props for that.

In the end - I think its what everything is about - forgiveness

Source: cagle.com via Rebecca on Pinterest




5. What's a question you hate to be asked?

I hate when someone asks, "How many kids do you have?".... they see a married woman & just assume you have children.
It always just gets awkward



6.  The coaches in this Sunday's big match up happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er's and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you're an only child how did you handle competition growing up?

My brother & I have 6 years between us, so we were never competitive with each other.  Plus, we never really had the same kind of interests.  We're total opposites.  So I'll always root him on in whatever he does - since I can never do what he does.  I think he would do the same for me.



7.  What's your favorite game involving a ball, and when did you last play?

I'm a tennis gal... love to play it, love to watch it

with my Bicep Tendinitis, I cant even swing a racket anymore (I'm telling you, this BT is KILLING me mentally)... I miss playing though.



8.   Insert your own random thought here.

We survived!
Last night, we had a storm roll through.

It actually started early with the wind.  I mean WINNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
It was so warm out, which you know for January, isn't a good sign.
I went running - in shorts!!!! - & the wind had started.  I think at one point, I was at a 45 degree angle.

But we slept with the TV on so we could wake up if something was going on.
Needless to say, I've been up since 3:30 am ... I think the whole town has been awake.
So here's my Facebook status this morning...


Rebecca Jo Vincent
  • Its going to be interesting to see how grumpy everyone is today... Starbucks, or any place with mega doses of caffeine, is probably going to make a killing around here today.


... & its already getting "likes" ... everyone understands


13 comments:

  1. I'm going to go see Les Miserables tonight. SO very excited.

    Wings aren't my favorite either. But my husband loves them. They are my favorite.

    Mmmm. Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a football fan, and we have no plans for Super Bowl Sunday. I need to get some fabric for a quilt for my oldest granddaughter's bedroom makeover ... maybe I should go fabric shopping while DH watches the game. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW that Les Mis would be your answer to #1! I keep saying it, but I have GOT to see that movie! I love me some boneless wings...the regular kind with skin makes me want to gag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a vegetarian however wings are not my favourite either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brothers and I have the same thing happening - our interests are too different for competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilove learning the "hodgepodge" things about people...So you are a vegeterian...interesting..I had to laugh out about the "wings". When you think about it...it is sorta wierd...that we would eat wings...lol.. I am so excited to get to follow along with you...Blessings and I love the SSMT...I have been writing memory verses for my prayer book this morning...Have a great one and be safe! Bad winds and rains here in Southeastern Ky too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kinda want a mini because I love all the pretty color choices : )

    Glad you made it safely through a stormy night. Take care today...I see more tornadoes in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you didn't blow away last night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a nano as well and LOVE the radio feature. At my old job (that required a commute on the bus), I would listen to that all the time. It was great!

    And I'm right there with you with the kid comments. Happens to us ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't care about the game either but I watch for the commercials and the food! I saw Les Miserables on Tuesday and I LOVED IT. I have a blog friend that had a strange storm come up by her. They all went into the basement. She said there was no warning. Wonder if it was the same storm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cartoon sums things up well, unfortunately. He probably would have never told the truth had the tests kept proving what he really did. I'm very let down.

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me