Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Wrapup... full of pictures

Instead of a Weekend Wrapup, we'll do a Thanksgiving Wrapup...
Be warned... you're going to see lots of pictures...

* Packed & ready to go at 7:00am to head to Nashville

* We usually stop for breakfast... then realized half way down the road - its Thanksgiving!!! Most things are closed!!!  GASP!  I panic at the thought of no food.  But God Bless Cracker Barrel.  They were open all day. And all you South Folk know that there's a Cracker Barrel every 2 exits - so I took a breather

(Reading the sales ad in Cracker Barrel)
* We found the nicest gas station... it seriously had a grocery store in it!  & a Subway & any sort of coffee or drink you could ever want.  I didnt write down that exit number!  Gotta find it again! (I think its in Bowling Green)

* Pull into Julie's Driveway & see a little Blond haired boy waiting on us... ahhh - worth the car sickness

* While Julie was finishing cooking, we headed out to enjoy the warm day... it was almost 70 degrees... BEAUTIFUL!!!
 
 
*The boys got to enjoy their first time of jumping in leaves




* It never gets old to jump on Pappy....




* When you get tired of jumping in leaves, the next thing is to put on Super Hero costumes.  I need to remember to take my Belle dress next time so I can join in.


(Pappy getting his hands chopped off by Captain America's shield)
Spiderman saying "Hang Loose"
 
* The kitchen at Thanksgiving smell should be a Yankee Candle smell

* Aren't Julie & Darlene cute in their aprons? 


* Thanksgiving dinner = 1,001 carbs for me... & that's on the light side.  Worth every bite.  I was so stuffed myself, I was perfectly happy & content without any turkey. 



* We wont talk about the amount of butter in this dinner.  Julie & Paula Dean have to be distant cousins :)

* We were so miserable after eating, we took a walk... which turned into more of a hike.  It burned the calories.


* Julie invited her friend that she works with.  She's from China & wasnt familiar with a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner.  She was so adorable.... we need to invite her to all the American traditions... like celebrating Steven Curtis Chapman's birthday.  (Doesnt everyone do that?)

(There's Yen in her winter coat... at first we were like, "Its 70 degrees" - but by the time we headed back to the car, we were freezing & she was comfy... whose the smart one now?)

* This path is the coolest... its right across the river from the Opry Hotel/Mall & on the water is the General Jackson... then it led us to a bridge that crossed the river... Super Cool!!!




* After that hike, pie was well deserved

* Everyone had full bellies & was beat... even the dog... my grandPug crawled on my lap & fell fast asleep... cozy


Friday

* Yep... that clock is right... 1:21 AM & Ricky & I were walking out the door to go shopping



* Thank goodness for GPS in a town where you have no idea where stores are at... & even then, it wasnt right.  So Thank God for people who help you at the gas station at 1:30 am that give you RIGHT directions.

* Lines at Best Buy are never fast on Black Friday

* Got exactly what we headed out for... worth the morning wake up call

* We waited longer in line for breakfast then in the line at Best Buy

* Got back to the house at 5:30am & went back to sleep for 3 hours

*... only to go out & shop MORE!!!

Old Navy line.

* we accidentally cut the line in Old Navy... Julie said, "we're getting looks".. I'm thinking, "I've been shopping since 1:30am - I'll poke someone in the eye if they give me grief"... I just kept a pleasant smile on my face & no one said anything.  Whew... that was a close one.

* Strollers are AWESOME bag carriers

* The middle kiosk people in the Opry Mills Mall are the pushiest people I've ever experienced in my life

* When we were leaving, I thought a smack down demolition derby was going to happen... 3 - THREE - cars were waiting for our parking place.  One literally drove around the other & sat side by side... we were afraid to pull out

* Home for left overs before we headed out again

* We were entertained by Isaac who was showed us he can sing "Amazing Grace"... my heart melted

* Quick trip to Target while the boys slept

* Back home & back out again... to Gaylord Opryland

* Goodness gracious sakes alive... that place needs some directions posted somewhere.  We walked for hours around there, not ever sure where we were going

* The tree was MASSIVE inside...



* Steve said he was scared to death Luke was going to pull one ornament & the whole thing was toppling down


*  We were blown away... there was a guy changing out the ATM in the midst of HUNDREDS of people walking by him & he had all this cash, in bundles, laying right in the floor, all around him.  It had to be a trap... "What would you do?" filming?  Because it was crazy.  Someone could have just picked it up & ran into the crowd without a second thought.  They must be trusting people in Nashville

* Brrrr... cold... but we headed outside to see the Nativity scene... its all white.  I bet its beautiful when it snows



* Thawed out at home & Ricky gave the boys some toys for being so good

* The cutest statement of the weekend, from Isaac - "Pappy, you HAVE to stop buying us toys... we're running out of places to put them"... this from a 5 yr old child.  How cute is that?

Saturday

* Got up early to head home... the boys were still playing with their toy from the night before & they had exciting plans with mommy & daddy... so it was a good exit.  Plus, Julie sent me on my way with a Coconut Chai for the road. YUM!

So I have to say, it was pretty fantastic Thanksgiving.

The only downer, that number on the scale this morning... YAWWZZAAA!!! Even all that walking didnt win in the battle with the butter.  Drats!  This week looks like it will be extra miles on the treadmill!!!

Cant wait to venture into Blog Land & check out your Thanksgiving pics & posts! 
Now onto Christmas!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me spend Thanksgiving with you! I always love your recaps because I feel like I was right beside you the whole time. So glad you and Ricky had a great Thanksgiving and that you got yo see the boys (and their parents) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Cracker Barrel opens on Thanksgiving - they don't on Christmas Day. We left on Christmas Day to go to Hilton Head several years back - NOTHING was open along the way. Good thing we brought a few snacks with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Nashville. Love, love, love!

    And while I don't have children, I have considered buying a stroller JUST to carry bags and stuff while shopping! ha!

    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed at the Gaylord hotel for a conference and it is huge. They gave us maps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are gorgeous, as always! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures. Love the white nativity and the beautiful big light tree! Gorgeous!

    I'm so glad you had such a great time with your family. Those little boys are totally adorable and if you ever get tired of them, I'd be glad to take over! ha

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photos!

    I eat meat, but I could skip it for all the other good stuff on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babies singing Amazing Grace, Lots O Butter and a Coconut Chai tea.....yep PERFECT Thanksgiving weekend!!!

    I love you friend ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous Thanksgiving! Love the demolition parking derby! I did NO shopping :(, had a new grandchild instead and came home with a horrible crick in my neck! But loved every minute of keeping the two year old....

    I really love Old Navy....they have the best deals.....I did go to a Gap Outlet in Austin on my trip there and got a couple of really good deals!

    Gotta love how the old scale tells the tale of eating woes! I have to she'd the lbs I picked up too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous Thanksgiving! Love the demolition parking derby! I did NO shopping :(, had a new grandchild instead and came home with a horrible crick in my neck! But loved every minute of keeping the two year old....

    I really love Old Navy....they have the best deals.....I did go to a Gap Outlet in Austin on my trip there and got a couple of really good deals!

    Gotta love how the old scale tells the tale of eating woes! I have to she'd the lbs I picked up too!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me