Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday service draining my tear ducts...

I havent ran away from my blog... I've been sick... BLAH!

Yep - another ear infection.  It was in both ears, down my jaws, into my throat... it was fierce. Still is, kinda.  When I go to drink anything, its like acid is going down my throat. Sounds like fun, huh? But it is better.

Yes - I'm still working on pictures of the boys... I literally havent had my computer on in the past few days...

I was able though to be get well enough to join our church's Ensemble for our Good Friday service.  Just got home actually.  I was able to do a song in sign language while a quartet sang.  It was to Avalon's "Adonai"... one of my favorites... but its always so fun to worship God in that way.  I just close my eyes & its just me & God & let the hands fly....
The service was beautiful though... I was literally sitting in the front row bawling my eyes out at one point. 

Someone sang the song by Nicole Norderman, "Why" ... my goodness...the part where Jesus is crying out to God... & then the part where God is talking to Jesus?  ... Just stop it... its a heart breaker... & then add in the last line  .... OK - where's the Kleenex again.

Follow that up with another fantastic singer belting out a Ray Boltz song, "Do you still feel the nails, every time I fail...." - is church trying to see how dry my tears ducts can get? 

It was a beautiful sermon though...

A way to start into the wonderful, blessed day that is Easter....

I'm off to take some more medicine for the pressure in my ears & head to bed early...

I hope you all got to worship some way & reflect on what Good Friday is all about....

And if you want to get some kleenex & join in the crying, just watch this...





"My precious Son, I hear them screaming...
I'm watching the face of the enemy beaming...
Soon I will clothe you with robes of my own...
Jesus, this hurts me more than you know....
But this dark hour, I must do nothing,
thought I've heard your unbearable cry....
The power in your blood destroys all their lies
soon you'll see past their unmericiful eyes
Look there... see below the child...
trembling by her father's side...
now I can tell you why....
.....she is why you must die...."

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl,
    What a powerful song!! I hadn't heard it in a while. If you get a chance, listen to the live version. There is something about the piano in that song that just makes me weep. It is so beautiful, coupled with the message of the song. Amazing!!!

    I missed our church's Good Friday Service. We have a 12:00 noon service. It is one of my favorites of the year.

    I love you friend ~~ have a Blessed Easter,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good cry this morning. Holy Thursday Mass was actually extremely emotional to me: seeing the empty tabernacle at the end. But, Good Friday Service included the Veneration of the Cross: taking a turn to kiss the feet of Jesus on the Cross. Powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a really great Good Friday service! I'm sorry you've been so sick :( Hoping you get better asap!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**

Social Media World

Come Follow Me