But the weekend was busy enough... here we go...
* Headed to the race expo & so glad I did. First of all, a TV camera crew followed me to pick up my race packet & filmed me picking it all up. Not even sure which station it was, & I'm sure it was just for a quick snippet because they didn't even ask my name... but you should have seen me. I was the happiest & smiling-est person EVER to pick up a race packet.... even kept my posture more straight.
* Found a display that you paid to have them tape up parts of your body. Now, y'all know I believe in my KT Tape. This was different. It was called Spider Tech - & it came pre-cut to whatever body part you need. They would apply it as well. BEST $10 SPENT IN MY LIFE! The lady put it on me (... its actually still on, even after the race & showers & Easter & everything else....) & it has made ALL the difference in the world. Can I find this woman & visit her every week? I would totally do it!
* Ricky's first question on the phone when I told him everything I found - "How much did you just spend?" ... $15.00 ... anyone that has read "The Antelope in the Living Room" will get that $15.00 reference :)
* The best part of race eve night? CARBS!! YES YES YES!!!
|Makes me want to run a race every weekend|
* I never sleep well on race night... but I've been so exhausted during the whole week doing so much, I was out like a light by 10:00 watching "Say Yes to the Dress"... thank you Randy for your soothing voice
* I was already up, had breakfast made & ate & was getting dressed before Ricky even woke up. I was ready to go....
* I don't want to go into too many details of the race because I'll post tomorrow... but YEP.. I finished... & had Ricky by my side from mile 11 to the finish... So thankful he was there.
* People everywhere had flowers for their family that was crossing the finish line. I thought it was the cutest though - Ricky had called me when I was at mile 10 & said, "Do you want an iced coffee?" ... (he knows my new obsession with that) & I said, "If I drink an iced coffee right now, I'm going to puke like the Exorcist"... he said OK... so when we cross the finish line, he said, I didn't have flowers for you, but I wanted to give you an iced coffee because I know you liked that better".... ahhh - just the thought of him wanting to do that made me so happy
* I wasn't the only one - there was a table with about 5 people wearing medals. It's like a private club where you all smile at each other & say, "Yeah, we deserve to eat"
* What do you do after you run a half marathon? Head to Sam's club... luckily I brought a pair of slide on shoes... I had a blister the size of a quarter on my foot (you'll hear ALL about it in the recap) & my foot was KILLING ME... but those shoes helped & I was able to limp around Sam's Club. Mostly just telling Ricky where I would shuffle & told him to find me when he was done looking at what he wanted to see.
* I got home, was able to shower off & then had to immediately head to church for our Easter Skit practice. I didn't know my body could hold up under so much.
* Ricky & I headed out to dinner & my body was tightening up. My inner thighs were the only thing that really hurt & by the end of the night, I had to literally lift my leg up with my hands to even get in the car... it was bad...
* Tangled ... I'll watch it every time its on
* I went to bed scared to death I was not going to be able to move the next day & I had this huge Easter skit...
* EASTER MIRACLE!! I woke up in NO PAIN!! (except my stupid foot blisters)... my legs were good, my back was good, everything was great. I told Ricky, if there was any day for a miracle, it was on Easter.
* Yep, every Easter, people dress so beautifully & in dresses & look so SPRING... me? This is what I got to look like on Easter...
|You think I'm joking?|
No pun intended
* The Easter skit went perfectly! So proud to be a part of it & to be a part of it with some amazing people
|Yes, I'm holding a knife... looking happy|
* I got to work down in the children's ministry during the 2nd service & it was so fun to see Ricky make a new buddy....
* That little dude was giving Ricky knuckle bumps & would just stare at me like I was crazy when I tried to make him give me one. Boy Power was in full force.
* My family didn't do Easter lunch this year, so Ricky & I went out & ate at Logan's... everything was empty ... & a LOT of places were closed (which we loved to see places closed for the holidays)... but it was like a private little lunch for us...
|In a steak house, Peanuts are my protein :)|
* Came home & just enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. Ricky cut the grass & I read my Dorothy Must Die book (its SOOOO good)... the dogs were glad we were home.
* Julie's Birthday!! She said she got to celebrate good in Nashville with her friend...so glad. She said her birthday only has hit on Easter one other time & it will hit only one more time in her 'projected' life time... who knows? She's a scientist... she may make a cure to life to 200 & then she may get another Easter Birthday in there :)
* Tangled... again...
* YES!! Finishing up the wedding pictures... whew... I don't have to sit in front of the computer for the whole week every night I get home... my arm & my eyes are already saying Thank you.
*Ended my night with the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion... nothing like ending a Holy Day with some girls cat fighting, pulling on weaves...
Side Note.... after the half marathon, & after that physical skit - I woke up today feeling GOOD!... I am in shock. I was expecting a full body cast kinda feeling today. Thumbs up for training!
Now, let's root on the Boston Marathon runners today & pray for safety!!!
How was your weekend?